The Outer Rim Territories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On to A Dance with Dragons

2 posters

Go down

On to A Dance with Dragons Empty On to A Dance with Dragons

Post by Ryalzibub Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:25 pm

Well, I literally just finished reading A Feast for Crows today.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Probably more than most out there seeing as how it's one of the less popular books in the series.

The change of locales and characters was a pleasant surprise.  I hope GRRM keeps this up in Dance.

My goal was to finish all five books before season 4 of the HBO series starts at the beginning of April but I'm not sure if I'll make it.  ...Maybe.  

At least there will be no surprises come the new season.  Can't wait to see how they depict some of the epic moments that take place in the second half of Storm and the beginning of Feast if they make it that far this season.

I heard they are slowing production right down to allow GRRM time to write the upcoming books which is fine by me.  Can't rush epicness like this.
Ryalzibub
Ryalzibub
Admin

https://tort1138.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

On to A Dance with Dragons Empty Re: On to A Dance with Dragons

Post by DamianOmen70 Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:00 am

GRRM will definitely have to pick up the writing pace a bit if they are going to continue to make the Game Of Thrones TV series.

Understandably,these are epic stories of mammoth proportions, but his current pace of one book every 5 years is quite a long time to wait for upcoming books.

I agree with Ryan about Feast. I thought it was an excellent book and not deserving of its less popular reputation compared with the previous books.

I am sure all those who are critical of Feast are simply looking for all the action and torrid pace set in Storm,but these books are much,much more deeper than just blood and gore and action.

Enjoy Dance as well Ryan. I enjoyed it as much as Feast.
Don't pay any attention to people saying it is slow and full of nothing. They don't know what they're talking about.

For the record,if I had a gun to my head and had to pick a favorite book so far,my choice would be Clash. But I really like them all just about equally.

DamianOmen70

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum