The Outer Rim Territories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3rd Anniversary of the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami

Go down

3rd Anniversary of the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami Empty 3rd Anniversary of the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami

Post by Ryalzibub Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:18 pm

Today marks the 3rd anniversary of what we here in Japan like to call 3/11.  

Incredible how fast time has passed.  It really feels like yesterday that after experiencing the initial quake I was glued to my TV watching the tsunami devastation live and waiting as the world watched what would happen with the nuclear power plant in Fukushima.

Thousands of lives lost, thousands displaced, countless lives changed forever.

Just a small remembrance of what took place here in the country I consider my second home and for the people who I know or have known that have been affected by it directly.

If any country can show resilience, it's Japan.  Although, for that resilience to get any momentum there needs to be some serious political change and an awakening of its people to make it happen I'm afraid.  The current and past leadership since just can't cut it as we read daily in the news.

My thoughts go out to the hundred thousand plus people who still to this day live in temporary housing and shelters in Tohoku and have yet to see their government make significant strides in settling them back into a life of normality.  And to the rest of country, including myself, that are victims to the government's ineptitude in dealing with the triple meltdown at the Fukushima Daiichi Power Plant.
Ryalzibub
Ryalzibub
Admin

https://tort1138.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum